Is there anything better than a refreshing margarita to beat the summer heat? The perfect excuse to gather ice, mixers, and shakers comes with the arrival of National Tequila Day.
We tell you a little more about this celebration so that you can get the most out of it.
When is National Tequila Day Celebrated?
This year, National Tequila Day will be celebrated on Sunday, July 24, creating the perfect opportunity to take advantage of a whole weekend of activities around this delicious drink, albeit with responsible and moderate consumption.
Brief History of National Tequila Day
Tequila is a drink with an ancient history; It comes from western Mexico, specifically from a region called under the same name, “Tequila”. All the tequila in the world is produced in this region!
According to the legend, this drink originated in pre-hispanic times, when lightning struck a field of agaves, causing a fire that consequently heated these plants and made them release their honey, which, when fermented, can produce this drink. The natives considered this a gift from their gods.
Although the certainty of this legend cannot be confirmed, it is known that the manufacture of tequila became popular during the Spanish conquest.
We are sure this drink has become emblematic not only in Mexico but worldwide and gives us company in the best moments. We tell you how to celebrate this day with your friends and family.
5 Ways to Celebrate National Tequila Day
- Take a cocktail course: Search near your destination if a bar or mixologist are offering cocktail courses, and learn how to prepare the best drinks with this magical liquor. You will surprise everyone!
- Celebrate a barbecue with friends: is there a better way to celebrate than with your friends or family? Make a barbecue, gather all your friends and loved ones, and have an excellent time!
- Have a Mexican party: the best way to commemorate this day is by celebrating it from its origin. Get your hats, piñatas, and mariachi music ready for a fun Mexican celebration!
- Plan a trip to Tequila, Mexico: plan a trip with your friends or family to the place where this drink is created. Travel to Tequila, in Mexico, and discover the region where this legendary liquor was born.
- Invent your own cocktail: Have fun with your friends experimenting with various Tequila cocktails and find your favorite.
Enjoy National Tequila Day with your friends and family! Remember to celebrate responsibly and moderately.
You can find drinks made with tequila in the following places: