Here’s What’s Next:
Please go here to fill out a short form with:
- Family Meal Offering: The details of the family meal you intend to offer in this program. As a reminder, this meal should feed at least 4 people (more is better). Do not include beverages. You will be compensated $47 for each meal.
- Holiday Hours: Your restaurant’s holiday hours through Jan. 15, 2021.
- Ordering Email: Please confirm the email you want us to use to send your orders.
WE NEED THIS TODAY, DECEMBER 18
WE WANT YOUR UNDEREMPLOYED OR LAID OFF WAIT STAFF TO HELP WITH DELIVERIES! PLEASE SEND THEM TO FILL OUT THE DRIVER APPLICATION ON OMAHALOCO.DELIVERY and to list your restaurant in the Message field.
Other Key Details
- Program Dates: Ordering starts on Dec. 20 for the first round of orders to be ready by Dec. 22. The final day for an order to be placed will be Jan. 15, 2021, for delivery or pick-up by Jan. 18, 2021
- Order Throttling: Orders are capped at 40 per day, 10 deliveries and 30 pick-ups by the system. Voucher users will select the days/times that work for them and will have to find a future day/time if we’ve reached those caps.
- Sales Tax: You should ring these orders up as tax-exempt per these instructions from the Nebraska Department of Revenue. As a Marketplace Multivendor Platform, LoCo will pay the sales and occupation taxes for these orders on a Form 10, a copy of which will be made available to you.
- Payment: We’re still finalizing details with Douglas County, but there’s two scenarios and some options that fall in between. Worst case scenario is LoCo will receive funds on Jan. 4, 2021 and we will immediately pay you for orders completed by Jan. 3, 2021. Orders after that date will be paid on Monday for orders completed by the previous Sunday. Best case scenario is LoCo receives funds by Dec. 24, 2020 and will issue checks on Dec. 28, 2020 for orders completed by Dec. 27, 2020. Orders after that date will be paid on Monday for orders completed by the previous Sunday.
A Note About Technology and Regular Co-Op Operations
- Technology: LoCo is working closely with the team behind chomp.delivery and noconosh.com, restaurant delivery co-ops that have been in operation since 2017. We are working with the 2nd generation platform they have been developing for the last 6 months and that had its trial run last month in Richmond, VA. The 2nd generation platform is in partnership with Zuppler.com, one of the most robust and proven restaurant online ordering platforms that integrates with Google My Business and most restaurant POS systems, for the online ordering and OnFleet.com to manage deliveries.
- Regular Co-Op Operations: The LoCo team is laser-focused on implementing the Holiday Meal program for Douglas County and supporting our restaurants and drivers in this. There is a good chance this program might be renewed for January and February and could grow significantly. As we figure that out, we will also be making plans to transition to regular operations. We’ll keep you posted on both.
Thanks again for your participation in this pilot program and we look forward helping protect our local food culture and taking back control of delivery services for our local, independent restaurants!